Titan Career Tips
While the transition from military to civilian life can be a challenging one - at Titan Machinery, we believe your experiences and the skillsets you've developed are invaluable to our team. Now, we want to help you leverage those strengths as you build out your resume. Remember to:
- Use the resources available to you to gather your Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET), as well as other documents showcasing both the technical and soft skills you've developed and used regularly throughout your employment.
- Begin your resume building by choosing a style or template that makes the most sense for you and the experiences you have to share.
- Personalize your resume to the job you’re applying for, using verbs and keywords featured in the job description.
- Ensure the verbiage you use can be understood by a civilian! Translate military specific words and acronyms to civilian terms and ask someone you trust to proofread. If you make substantial changes afterward, be sure to ask they read it again.
- Consolidate your work history into one block when possible, keep to relevant bullet points of 1-3 lines, and include relevant and measurable accomplishments.
For more helpful resume tips and things to keep in mind as you interview, check out our full guide below.
Want to learn more? Schedule a call with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists!
TITAN MACHINERY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
Titan Machinery is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer: Women, Minorities, the Disabled, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES:
If you are interested in viewing Titan Machinery's Affirmative Action Plans or have any questions, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer:
Jason Anderson, Vice President of Human Resources
644 East Beaton Drive, West Fargo, ND, 58078
When making your request, please indicate if you are unable to visit the location listed above, and we will make arrangements for you to view the plans at an alternative location.